JOIN OUR TEAM...
We do not have any current job openings...please check back again for other opportunities!
If you are looking for a challenging Accounts Payable position in a smaller company, you will want to apply for this position!
This position is responsible for all facets of the Accounts Payable process which includes proper coding, approvals, and disbursements. Assist in disbursements by reviewing check and EFT requests for proper coding and authorization. Maintain control over incoming cash/checks by properly preparing the bank deposit and interfacing to the general ledger. This position is also responsible for completing assigned reconciliations and resolving reconciling items on a timely basis. This requires working with other departments to answer questions to clear outstanding items on reconciliations. Research can be complex and may involve reviewing multiple systems. Prepare and file year-end 1099’s.
Some of the duties for this position include:
- Processing of accounts payables and ensure that all outgoing payments are properly authorized. The individual should take ownership of the complete process.
- Assist with reconciling items or problems that arise in the daily processing.
- Prepare daily deposit and corresponding ledger entries.
- Prepare daily A/P reconciliations accurately, post to the GL and include proper support.
- Ensure reconciliations, check registers, and check requests are imaged timely and properly.
- Prepare assigned reconciliations and journal entries on a timely basis to meet departmental standards.
- Assist in providing back-up support to the other positions within the Accounting area.
- Maintain and prepare proper control documentation on processes.
- Assist and address audit questions related to corresponding processes.
- Make recommendations to improve the quality and efficiency of the reconciliation process or the underlying processes to avoid reconciling items.
- Backup for calculating due sales tax and file monthly Sales & Use Tax report.
- Perform full process of the preparation and filing of year-end 1099’s.
- Send out W9 forms to vendors and maintain accurate and up-to-date records.
- Assist with yearend preparation and completion of any required reporting needs.
- Contribute to departmental projects that arise during the year due to changes in processes or new initiatives.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Skills and abilities needed for this position are:
- Must be prompt, reliable, and dependable and have experience and comfort in a deadline driven environment.
- Must be a proactive problem solver and be able to effectively communicate and work constructively with other people and operational units.
- Ability to review and analyze reports and perform research in systems.
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills and able to work independently.
- Experience with the accurate and timely reconciliation and filing of 1099’s.
- Insurance Industry experience a plus.
Must be a proactive problem solver, possess good communication skills, have the ability to research, review and perform analysis, and ability to work independently.
To be considered for this position, the candidate will need an Associate’s Degree in Accounting or several years of accounts payable experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to execute in the role at a satisfactory level. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.