Madison National Life Insurance is searching for a Senior Actuary. If you are interested in working for a smaller insurance company that is part of a larger, national holding company, you will want to work with us! And, if you enjoy working on different projects, collaborating with colleagues and continuous learning, you will want come work at MNL!
This position is responsible for providing valuation and pricing support for the Group line of business including product development, valuation, actuarial modeling, and asset adequacy analysis.
Some of the responsibilities for this position include:
- Monitor and research appropriate publications to ensure compliance with statutory, tax, and GAAP valuation requirements, state regulations, and actuarial guidelines.
- Assist with quarterly statutory and GAAP financial reporting for life, disability, health, and annuity blocks, and monitor financial results.
- Participate in the preparation of asset adequacy analysis, risk-based capital, and annual statement exhibits.
- Monitor the need for experience, expense, and profit studies; oversee study design; and review study results to isolate trends, identify issues, and recommend changes.
- Remain current on the status of principle based reserves and prepare for implementation.
- Assist with the transition to any new modeling software, provide modeling requirements during system implementation, and incorporate models into business practice.
- Participate in the filing, reserving, and implementation of new products and blocks of business.
- Provide support for internal and external audit inquiries.
Qualifications that MNL is looking for are:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Math, Business, Actuarial Science, or related field.
- Associate or Fellow in the Society of Actuaries, or demonstrated equivalence, required.
- At least 8 years actuarial experience required, with three years valuation experience preferred.
- Experience applying both traditional and non-traditional actuarial techniques required.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills required and experience with MS Access preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Experience with life, disability, and annuity products preferred.
- Knowledge of statutory, tax, and GAAP valuation requirements preferred.